Thursday, January 7, 2016

B Blogpost- Books!!!

I know you have all heard it before, but sharing stories and reading with your child at home is SO IMPORTANT!! I just started taking a class called "Exploring Early Literacy" and we talked a lot the first night about the difference between kids that read at home and get read, vs. kids that sit in front of gaming systems all of the time. At school, I can tell which kids get read to at home because they have great imaginations and are more likely to write stories, or even a sentence without much assistance. It shows through their enjoyment of stories here at school as well. Right now, we are reading Charlotte's Web, so even chapter books can be useful. I hope that you all take a little time out of your day to read to your kinder! If you are ever in a rut with books, I would be more than willing to suggest some books to read, or even let you borrow some.

I do send home "take home books" with the students that return them. Please let me know if you are not getting one, or if you misplaced a book. These are easy reads and it will allow you 10 minutes to spend some time with your child. Sight word practice is also a great thing to be working on at home, along with Jolly Phonics sounds.

As always, let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment