Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Letter A Post- Apps!

One of my favorite things to do is to find great apps to share with the kids in the room! This year, I am struggling to find time to do this, so I figured that "Apps" for a blog post would work well for everyone! Some of these apps I have tried and some I have not, but they are ones I will be using. Most of them do cost money, but they are fairly cheap. If you would like a list of some free ones, let me know. Hope you enjoy them!

Brainzy- this is actually a website that I came across and I think it looks awesome! I can't wait to try it here at school!

ABC Mouse- there is an app and this is online. This is a website that you may see on tv. I used it in preschool for the songs and the kids really enjoyed it. 

Toca Builder- This is one of my all time favorites. Toca has a bunch of different apps, but I have used this one in the past. It always makes me think of Mine Craft.

Moose Math- This has a lot of different math skills on it and the graphics are very catching. 

Kiko's Thinking Time- This is more for the cognitive learning that our little ones need. It challenges them in different ways and I think it looks like a lot of fun.

Splash Math- This app has a few different math skills on it and it's FREE!

Reading Raven- I struggle with finding apps that are strictly reading and that actually have books on them. This app is another one that I haven't tried, but I really want to try it here at school.

Gappy's First Words- I like this one for sentence building and the kids really get to use those Jolly Phonics sounds to create words. 

I hope you all find these useful! Let me know if there is a certain area that you are looking for an app or website. Not only can I help, but there are other teachers here that are great with this stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment